In preparation for the portals launch in early 2010, over the next three months this web page will be populated with a full list of FAQ’s. An overview of the Colles Portals functionality for trainees is available here. If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 402 2243
- Who will responsible for supporting trainees to use the Colles portal?
- When the portal goes live in 2010, it will the trainee's responsibility to ensure that trainers can use the portal. Once the portal is launched we advise that trainees schedule time with their trainers to step them through the portal's key functionality. Furthermore in advance of key upcoming deadlines such as the submittal of CAPA assessments, we advise that trainees schedule time to meet and step their trainer through the functionality that the trainer must complete in the portal. If a trainer fails to submit trainee assessments using the portal this will adversely affect the trainee's training record.
- What functionality will the Colles portal provide to trainees?
- In the case of a trainee, here is a sample of the functionality the portal will provide;
- General functionality
- View the training and assessment history for all trainees.
- View the inspection and trainee allocation history for all training posts.
- Publish your profile (your contact information, interests etc). View other user profiles.
- Trainee assessments
- Complete online assessment forms.
- Matching trainees to posts
- If your specialty chooses to use the portal's ranking system, then you can rank the training posts you are interested in. Each trainer will then rank the trainees who are interested in their posts, and matching will occur based on these rankings.
- Or your Programme Manager can simply allocate trainees to posts.